Delicious Japanese savory pancake.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g green cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 100g plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- 300 ml milk
- kewpie mayonnaise
- tonkatsu sauce
- 1 nori sheet
- 2 scallions
- bonito flakes
- Fry the cabbage and bacon in 1 tbsp oil. Season.
- To make the pancake batter: sieve the flour into a bowl, add the eggs and gradually add the milk and 1 tbsp oil while whisking continuously.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan and pour in the batter. Cook 2-3 minutes / until top batter is set then flip and cook the other side 2-3 mins.
- To serve: scatter diced scallions on top, crumble nori and criss cross tonkatsu sauce and kewpie mayo. Sprinkle with bonito flakes.