Work in progress.
- 2 lb pork loin
- 1 apple (optional)
for the stuffing * 1⁄2 cup dried apricots * 1⁄2 cup dates * 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts (unsalted) * 1 cup breadcrumbs * 1⁄2 cup olive oil * 1 tbsp cumin * 1 tbsp black pepper
- Combine the stuffing ingredents in food processor and blend until finely chopped
- Butterfly the pork loin and tenderize
- Spread the stuffing evenly across the loin (about 1⁄2 inch thick)
- Roll the stuffed loin and tie with kitchen string
- Fry in an iron skillet to seal.
- Thinly slice apple and surround pork with it in roasting tin
- Cook pork to 145F internal temperature (approx 1 hour at 400F)
Slice and arrange apple on top.